Sunday 15 June 2014

HK Trail - Day 0

我又厘香港啦!
I'm back in Hong Kong! 

With a mission this time: To run the entire HK Trail 50km in 4 days. 
Haha I can imagine you guys may have 2 types of questions in your head, depending on your background:

1) What are you crazy, how to run 4 days in a row?! And that's more than 10km/day?!!
2) Why do you need 4 days just to complete 50km?!?! Many people do it within 10hrs!! 

Chill guys, that's just part of my itinerary apart from the usual touristy stuff. There's a possibility I could throw in a session of kayaking and climbing as well, keep fingers crossed. 

So as some of you may recall (maybe none of you), I last trekked Section 8 of HK Trail in Dec 2013, called the Dragon's Back, famed to be the most scenic trail route in HK. I also trekked the majority of Wilson Trail a few years ago and 1/3 of MacLehose Trail some years ago. This time it's different coz I'm gonna run. No more heavy backpacks and carrying lots of food, water and tent! 

The trails in HK are pretty well marked. If I'm going to get lost, it's probably from the public transport to and from the trails. That's why the preparation is important, starting from tonight. It's extremely important to have wifi in your room for this, and (again) I want to promote Oi Suen Guest House: reliable wifi, friendly staff, clean rooms, attached bathroom and toilets (for most) and in close proximity to outdoor gear shops (e.g. Chamonix and RC Outfitters) so you don't have to lug your shopping over long distances back to your room. 

希望天天都有好天气叻!
Pray for good weather everyday!

The gear I brought along, including a compass and headlamp in case I get really lost in the trail. And a Go Pro for the blog. 

2 comments:

  1. Jia you and I don't think I will ever get tired of HK Trails! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, same here....been on these trails for the past 5 years.

    ReplyDelete