Sunday 1 December 2013

3 days with Outward Bound Singapore

Hi there! 

Sorry for the MIA-ness! A quick update, I am back to work in Outward Bound Singapore, the organisation I left in 2009. Although OBS is the biggest outdoor organisation in Singapore (and Outward Bound is one of the largest outdoor network in the world), I found myself very indoor in the first few weeks of work. I finally got my chance to immerse in the outdoors when I went for my 3 day OBS induction course for new People's Association staff, together with 21 other new inductees of PA. As with all good OBS courses, there were ice breakers, team initiative games, sea expedition, height elements and not forgetting indoor sessions to facilitate the "soft" aspects of outdoor learning. 

Throughout the programme, I was just so happy to be a participant again, I think I was smiling from ear to ear regardless what we were doing! The last time I attended an OBS course as a pax was in 2006 (21 days course)! I can only say that after attending this 3 day programme, it reaffirmed my decision to return to OBS, and the far reaching positives a good outdoor programme can give. 

Shall not bore you with the details, enjoy this little movie trailer I made. Shall post the actual movie (17mins) at a later date, that's if I can get it up onto YouTube. 



No comments:

Post a Comment